WWE Summerslam Summons Veteran Superstars to Sell out Toronto and steer the TV product back on track in time for AEW TV and Smackdown (maybe NXT) on Fox.
KOP looks into some of the positive constructive changes that WWE has made. They look prepared for their new competition (AEW) and change SD to FOX) in October.
Bleacher Report says this about the upcoming Summerslam Card:
Although WWE SummerSlam 2019 should boast a star-studded card, it will be especially important for the event to deliver on August 11 in Toronto with the product being so polarizing at the moment.
It’s no secret that WWE has had a tough time generating genuine fan interest for Raw, SmackDown Live and their pay-per-views for some time now. Although Stomping Grounds and Extreme Rules exceeded expectations, the two main brands have largely remained lifeless.
The SmackDown side of the SummerSlam card is bound to be entertaining with Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton rekindling their rivalry over the WWE Championship and SmackDown Women’s champion Bayley and Ember Moon facing off for the first time ever. Raw’s top matches could use some work, but either way, WWE will be facing unprecedented pressure to knock this show out of the park.
Support the Wrestling is Real Podcast by:
- Sending a PayPal donation by going to https://www.paypal.me/kingofpodcasts
Shopping at Amazon through his special link http://www.kingofamazon.com
- Contact KOP for professional podcast production, imaging, and web design services at http://www.kingofpodcasts.com/production
- Follow KOP on Twitter or Facebook @kingofpodcasts
- Listen to KOP’s other programs, When I’m Not Podcasting and the Broadcasters Podcast.
- Subscribe, rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeartRadio.